When creating a game, you can create one from scratch or make a copy of an existing game. All you need to do is select Copy Record next to the game you want to copy. This option allows you to create the same type of game (Standard, Onboarding, etc.) and reuse the same elements and game settings. Questions, players, teams, awards, notifications, automated challenges and/or monitors will appear in your new game.
Once you select this option, Atrivity will display a new screen indicating Add Game with several options selected.
- Name of the game: choose a name for the new game we are creating.
- Start date: this information is essential if we want to reschedule all notifications and automated challenges set up in the previous game.
- Awards: copies awards as well as positioning for each one.
- Users: players assigned to new game without changing any of their user data.
- Teams: teams assigned to new game without changing any team information.
- Questions: questions assigned to new game along with the same categories, scoring type (simple, double, triple) or any other characteristic related to the question.
- Notifications: notifications are rescheduled based on the new start date and time; Atrivity automatically loads the same communication plan, scheduling each notification accordingly based on the revised date and time and sets their status to Draft (which prevents them from being sent to players). If you do not enter a start date, notifications will copy into your game without changing the schedule from your previous game. Notifications with a date set according to the moment a player enters the game will maintain the same schedule.
- Automated challenges: notifications are scheduled again based on the time you choose for the start date of your new game. Adding this information adjusts the scheduling for automated challenges automatically in your new game. Automated challenges will have the status Draft (which prevents them from being sent accidentally to players). If you do not choose a start date, automated challenges will copy without any changes to the dates from the previous game. Notifications with a date set according to the moment a player enters the game will maintain the same schedule.
- Monitors: Atrivity copies the previous game monitor and changes the public link (if used) for your new game. You can share this new link with your game coordinators.
Once you create your new game, click the Configuration button and make any adjustments necessary such as rescheduling notifications or automated challenges, add or remove users from your game, change awards, etc.
Rescheduling Notifications - Example
Here is an example of how you can reschedule notifications. You can carry out the same process on automated challenges.
The game began on January 2 at 7:00 AM and the Game Master scheduled 5 notifications during the game.
The new game automatically reschedules the notifications with a Draft status so that you can verify the scheduling and make any adjustments.